Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Amy Butler's Blossom Bag

I continue to impress myself... I finished Amy Butler's Blossom Bag and it turned out beautifully. There were so many pieces to cut, but aside from that, it went together well. The pattern was very clear and precise with pictures to help along the way. Also, the bag is big enough to fit my book in it. I love the separate sections & pockets to keep things organized.



And a close-up of the handles, which are very professional:

I followed another blogger's advice (thanks, ascrapoflife) and added a small tuck on the front because my bag gaped a little bit.









And a close up of the bar tack (I had to sew this by hand..way too thick for my sewing machine) This was the hardest part and I broke 3 needles:



Voila....
My awesome bag!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is super-duper impressive! I am not especially good at sewing, and I'm always amazed by those who do. Good finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific bag!! I love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your bag on Ravelry. I LOVE IT! Your fabric is too cute. I want to make this bag, but am not confident in my sewing skills. You are such a sewing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! :) I think you should definitely make it. It takes a long time, but Amy Butler's patterns are written very clearly with lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks for the shout-out! Your bag turned out fantastic, I love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete