Sunday, December 4, 2011

Knitted shawl, sewn purse

Sorry..haven't updated in awhile. We've been super busy with the holidays and Matt is graduating this upcoming week.

I haven't been sewing too much lately, although I just got a nice box of fabric in on Friday! Yay!

I did make a shawl in the car ride downstate.



I also made this. It's a purse for my mom..except she wants a leather version. She wanted it smaller than the original pattern, so I was testing it with some extra fabric I had.
It's the Butterick B5505 pattern, but I subtracted approx. 2" on each side. I really like the surprise pocket under the flap, but I do think it needs another pocket. Also, I'm not really sure how functional it will be since the main purse are folds over. I will have to try it out and see.





No comments:

Post a Comment