Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry Weekend!

The Chassell Strawberry Festival was this past weekend. Yay! So, in celebration, Matt & I picked over 21 lbs of strawberries!!!! It was great. I think in addition to that, I ate another 5 lbs during picking and 3 lbs after picking. Hehehe.
Anyways, I made 2 strawberry pies (both are in the freezer now) and 1 strawberry cream cheese pie. This, we ate for dessert right away and let me tell you-it's DELICIOUS!!! It has a graham cracker crust, which is my favorite. Here is a picture:

Cheers!


We also made strawberry jam and strawberry rhubarb jam (using the rhubarb I picked a few weeks ago). I will post a strawberry jam tutorial soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! 21 lbs of strawberries! Wow, I may have to plan on being in Houghton for that next year. Where do you pick them? How long does the season go until?
    Miss you and Marina!!!
    ~Mel

    ReplyDelete