Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin pie and sewing goodies!

Matt made me a pumpkin pie with a graham cracker crust for my birthday dessert (per my request) and now it's gone and I'm sad. :(


Also, I made a cute little box bag using THIS tutorial. It's a really great tutorial. Very clear with lots of pictures. I especially like how this one is fully lined and all of the seams are hidden. I'm definitely going to make a lot more of these! I already have 3 more cut, interfaced, and ready to go!


Yesterday, I went to the Portage Quilt House because they are having a huge 50% off sale! Also, I got to use my gift certificate that I got from Judy for my birthday. :):):):):):):):)
They had these adorable hot pads...so I had to get the pattern. Aren't they adorable!?!


Here's the fabric I picked out for them. One for a girl owl and one for a boy. How cuuuuuteee. hehehe Although in hindsight, I'm not really sure why I would make a boy owl..ah well. He will be cute anyway.

And then.....loooooook what I got for myself!!!! Hehehe It's BEAUTIFUL and SOFT! It's 100% cotton, but I think it's a flannel...but you can't tell by looking at it that it's flannel. So, I'm going to make a skirt. I want to get more to make THIS jacket, but I just can't decide if the material would work well for it. That's why I think I will test out the material on a skirt first. :)

1 comment:

  1. The pie sure looks tasty! The fabric you bought is beautiful but I have to say my favorite is the cheatah print fabric and the vibrant blue plaid. I can not wait to see what you make out of it.

    ReplyDelete