Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jacket!

Here it is!!! Please excuse the pictures...it was still a bit dark this morning...the inside photos are a little better. Anyways...I finished my McCall's jacket this weekend. Yay! I really like it. It fits perfectly.

Pattern: McCall's M5759
Size: 6
Fabric: Wool/Silk blend from fabric.com for the exterior, Satin lining from fabric.com for the interior. It's very warm. :)
Alterations: I omitted the shoulder pads (really glad I did!) and I added a hanging loop. Also, I skipped the understitching at the end...couldn't figure out how to do it! If I stop being lazy, I will redo the hem on the sleeves...they are a little short for my taste.





And a close-up of my buttons:


Here's the fake pocket:


I added a little loop so I can hang the jacket. I'm really glad I added this!!


4 comments:

  1. Your work on the interior of the jacket is great, and I love the addition of the loop for easy hanging! Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the jacket it fits you like a glove. The jacket looks expensive and well designed. Great job!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete