Tuesday, October 4, 2011

M5523 McCall's Skirt

This skirt from McCall's was super easy to make. Plus, it has 4 different variations on the back to spruce up a simple skirt that would go well in any outfit!

FABRIC: I used a linen blend that I purchased from Fabric.com. It's 55% linen and 45% rayon. I'm not too happy with it. It's a bit scratchy and VERY pront to wrinkles. I wish I had used a more structured material for the skirt and something softer.

PATTERN: I used M5523 from McCall's. I made a size 8. It was very very simple to make. I think I finished it in one night. I made version A this time. I will definitely make more of the versions using different fabric).

ALTERATIONS: The only thing I didn't like was that you are supposed to wear the skirt high (like above your belly button). I tried it and hated it, so I removed the facing and just folded the waistband down twice like you would a hem. This way it sits nicely on my hips. I shortened the skirt by 1" as well.


Here's some pictures:






I was a bit nervous to use a regular zipper instead of an invisible zipper...but since I didn't have a brown insivible zipper, I went with it and am really happy I did. It looks very professional!
Here you can see how I folded the waistband down:


No comments:

Post a Comment